How to Comment
Commenting is what makes our blogs come alive. It allows us to connect to a global and authentic audience, and improve our literacy skills. Please be sure to leave a comment if you visit our blog! The students love to receive and reply to comments.
- Click on the heading of a post you wish to leave a comment
- Scroll down until you can see the “Leave a Comment” section
- You will be asked for your name (use first name and last initial only)
- Next you will be asked for an email address (use firstname@ example.com ===> email@example.com)
- On some blogs, you will also need to write the “spam word.”
- Click “submit comment”
- On our class blog and many other blogs, your comment WILL NOT appear right away. The blogger-host must moderate (approve) first. If your comment is okay it will soon appear on the site!
To write a great comment there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Write your comment like a letter starting off with “Dear Sally” or “Dear Mrs. Whittle.”
- Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question, and/or add new information to the post.
- For example, if the post is about geography, maybe you know something else about geography that you can add. This is how we can learn from each other!
- Write your comment about the post/topic.
- Write in complete sentences.
- Check your comment for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation before you submit it.
- Remember that you only need one exclamation mark. You will get your point across when you say, “You did an amazing job!” You DO NOT need to say “You did an amazing job!!!!” You would not do this on your writing in class, please do not write it this way on the blog.
- After a comma, you should leave ONE space. When you start a new sentence, you should leave TWO spaces.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself in your comment, including your last name.
Remember, this blog represents our class, so make sure you always give your best effort to share great writing!